Delicious Salmon Recipe
Delicious Salmon Done Right!
This recipe can be prepared quickly and packs a lot of flavour. It's 100% delicious and provides an excellent mixture of protein, heart healthy fats and fibre to fuel and nourish your body right.
400 g sweet potato
4 x 150 g Salmon, skin on
80 g Natural Cashew spread
¼ cup Fresh Basil, finely chopped
¼ cup Fresh Coriander, finely chopped
¼ cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
1 small clove of garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced
1-2 tbsp of boiling water
400 g Green beans
250 g Cherry tomatoes, halved
Olive oil spray.
2 tsp olive oil
Seared Salmon with Blanched Green Bean Salad and Herb Cashew Butter
Serves 4 | 30 mins to cook
- Heat oven to 200˚ Celsius, line a baking sheet with baking paper. Finely slice sweet potato into discs (~0.5cm thick), place on tray and lightly spray with olive oil. Place in preheated oven and cook for 20mins, turning hallway.
- Prepare cashew butter. Mix together cashew spread, basil, coriander, parsley, garlic and half of lemon juice (reserve remaining half for green bean salad). Add 1 tbsp of boiling water and stir. Add the second tbsp of boiling water for a thinner consistency.
- To cook salmon. Heat pan over medium-high heat, spray with olive oil and place salmon skin side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes. Remove from fry pan and rest on plate.
- Meanwhile blanch green beans. Shallow fill a large pot with water and bring to boil. Add green beans to water and cook for 2 minutes. Once blanched place in large bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, remaining lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cashew butter on the side