5 Tips to a healthy mind!
There is heaps of hype at the moment going around about why it’s so important to have a healthy mind. But let us give you our top 5 reasons to why having a healthy mind is so important in keeping you feeling great and fully motivated.
1. Indulge yourself in your guilty pleasures every now and again. Goto the movies, hit a different running trail, relax in the sun and listen to your favourite tunes, sit on the beach and close your eyes and deep breathe, whatever it is that makes you happy do it. Why does this help? Well keeping in touch with the things you love will help to lower your stress levels and make you feel happy and content in turn making you feel generally happier across all aspects of your life.
2. Eating good wholesome and healthy foods. Ensure you are getting your daily requirements of vegetables and fruit. Your body needs these nutrients to keep it healthy and on track. But how does this help your mind do you ask? Well if you are feeling better in your own skin chances are your mind is going to feel better too! With more clarity and energy, it will help you to really focus on the things that matter in your life.
3. Get 5 to 10mins of quiet time to yourself daily. Disconnect and recharge! Sometimes just disconnecting from this crazy social media/smart phone craze is enough to make anyone feel more connected with themselves and help clear their mind. Silence allows you to truly channel your thoughts and gives you better clarity and focus. If your mind can’t stop racing, try to dull noise in your life and try to be calm and in control for as long as possible with keeping your mind strong and in a peaceful state.
4. Laugh!! Too many people go through their days now without a good laugh. How can anyone really feel fulfilled and happy without releasing some deep laughter. And like the saying goes.. sometimes laughter truly is the best medicine.
5. Get some exercise. Whack on those shoes on your lunch break, get outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Breathe nice deep breaths and walk with purpose. Increase your heart rate to get the blood pumping around your body. This will help to flush out any toxins in your system, move the arms which will help to loosen any tension in and around the shoulders and neck area, and let those endorphins start to flow through the body. You will return to work with purpose, direction and be far more productive.
Take these 5 tips under your wing and we can guarantee you will feel better and stronger both mentally and physically. Let your mind find the space it needs to recharge 🙂
The Whoosh Team 🙂